FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem encoding video, blurry movement

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frapalproblem encoding video, blurry movement
by on Jul 2, 2006 at 3:33:44 pm

Hi

I am working on a video from a dvd, that i need to extract, reedit and export again. The steps are:

1/ extract from dvd to avi, with aoa dvd ripper
2/ import and edit in premiere pro (APP)
3/ encode in APP, mainconcept, CBR 15 Mbps
4/ create dvd structure in Encore
5/ burn in sonic

Unfortunately, the beginning of this sequence has movement, its ok on my PC but it's very poor quality on a DVD player.

I have tried lots of encoding options in APP, even tried to create the dvd directly from APP, but i still have this horrible blurry, staggered, jarred movement. I have run out of ideas. Please help.

FRank

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: problem encoding video, blurry movement
by on Jul 3, 2006 at 1:47:47 pm

Well, if you're encoding the MPEG2 at 15 Mb/s, your authoring application is re-encoding it to conform to the DVD specifications...which, if I recall, don't permit a data rate higher than about 9 Mb/sec.

Or, if the video isn't being re-encoded, it's jamming data down your player's throat faster than it can swallow. I'm surprised it doesn't just hang up.

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

frapalRe: problem encoding video, blurry movement
by on Jul 4, 2006 at 1:00:14 am

Thanks a lot.
I have tried with 8 even CBR 6Mbps but the same happens on the first fast movement, whereas its fine on the AVI. It basically looks like a dodgy video you downloaded from the net.
I tried to export the movie in APP, as MS AVI, as opposed to DV AVI, which allows me to compress the sound. DV AVI only has uncompressed audio option. This still doesnt work. I was thinking maybe the bitrate was too high for the sound part.
I am very confused. These videos look horrible and the client is paying for this :-(
Thanks everyone for any suggestion.

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: problem encoding video, blurry movement
by on Jul 6, 2006 at 4:54:18 pm

Maybe you're using the wrong field order. DV video is lower, or odd, field first. Getting it backwards can result in odd interlacing artifacts, especially on moving shots or subjects.

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]