FORUMS: list search recent posts

Streaming/Downloading Event Videos?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan TinsleyStreaming/Downloading Event Videos?
by on May 23, 2006 at 2:44:07 pm

In this age of the miniaturization of video to hand held devices I was wondering if the Event Videography Market has tapped into this technology yet. If so and I'm behind the times so be it just give me a gentle nudge in the right direction.

Here are my thoughts. I know streaming is expensive and requires lots of hardware and server space so lets talk downloads for hand held devices. The obvious first choice is IPODs. So you make a large M4V of your timeline. Do you think the client wants that? That would be huge! Maybe you make a highlights reel and only make that into an MV4. What about if the client wants others to be able to go to the web and download their Wedding or Bar Mitzvah video, just like Photographers do. What's nice about that for Photogs is that they can solicit and get paid for prints from other folks at the wedding, increasing their profits for the gig. I don't know how that would work for video. Could 1.99 downloads be setup for something like that? Or do you just charge a larger fee upfront for the web space for say 60 days after the timeline is completed and delivered.

Also what about non-POD-people? I suppose you would make an MPEG4 or 3GP?

Please discuss.

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: Streaming/Downloading Event Videos?
by on May 24, 2006 at 1:57:00 pm

Lots of videographers put up highlights clips on their sites and notify their clients that they and their friends and relatives can come and view them.

Some are indeed delivering the video on an iPod. A few include the iPod, already loaded with the video, and engraved with the couple's names, as part of the package.

Haven't done this myself, so I'm no help with encoding suggestions.

Doug Graham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved