FORUMS: list search recent posts

Are the heads in my camera dirty, or is it just busted? Know any places in Los Angeles to clean video heads on a videocamera?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Nitkiewicz HernAre the heads in my camera dirty, or is it just busted? Know any places in Los Angeles to clean video heads on a videocamera?
by on Apr 18, 2006 at 2:44:38 pm

If you guys know any local places in Los Angeles where I can do this for a good deal, let me know, thanks.

I own a sony vx1000, 3ccd chip videocamera.

But also, for some reason, when I try to digitize the video from my camera, into final cut pro, the firewire output simply does not work. Final cut does not read it, I know its not the settings in final cut, as I used different cameras and it works fine,

and the last video I shot came out very clumpy, digital boxes in the video, ugly, blah,

so im assuming its the heads that need cleaning, and i know its not good to use your camera to digitize, but have no other choice for now,

Thanks a lot,

Clint Nitkiewicz Hern

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: Are the heads in my camera dirty, or is it just busted? Know any places in Los Angeles to clean video heads on a videocamera?
by on Apr 18, 2006 at 7:06:58 pm

The blockiness is most likely a small head clog. Run a cleaning tape for 10 seconds max and re-try.

The failure to communicate may be another issue...could be a broken Firewire port on the camera.

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

tony salgadoRe: Are the heads in my camera dirty, or is it just busted? Know any places in Los Angeles to clean video heads on a videocamera?
by on May 1, 2006 at 8:40:53 pm

Less is more when running the head cleaning cassette.

4 second maximum. Any more is bad for the heads in the long run due to excessive wear and tear.

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]