FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wedding videos - Getting a direct feed to improve speech quality

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TheBtrainWedding videos - Getting a direct feed to improve speech quality
by on Feb 14, 2006 at 12:00:35 pm

Hi all,

Just after some opinions on the above.

I'm using the cameras on board microphone to capture the speeches at the reception, but I'm finding it lacking somewhat when compared to the rest of the production.

I've considered fitting a small mp3 voice recorder to the mic, but figure this fould be impractical and also some venues/DJs may not be too keen on this.

I'm thinking about options as far as getting a direct feed through the music gear - to my newly purchased iriver ifp 899 :)

Does anybody else have experience in doing this sort of thing? What would be a 'industry standard' connection for this sort of thing - a 6.5mm stereo converter to a 3.5mm line in plug for the iriver?

I'm open to any suggestions or recommendations for improving audio for the reception speeches - short of interupting the speeches to fit lapel mics to each speaker :)

Thanks!

wedding videos byron bay

Return to posts index

ThaxRe: Wedding videos - Getting a direct feed to improve speech quality
by on Feb 14, 2006 at 12:36:34 pm

The best method is what you described, connection to the in-room PA gear.
That also assumes that:
A. you do have permission
B. the DJ or other operator can handle the live mix correctly
C. the in-room gear works properly
D. you have the right adapters and proper level inputs on your gear

Another tried-and-true solution is to gaffer-tape your own small mike "onto" the in-room PA mic used by the speech-makers.

YOU would have control of the mic and it would be inches from the mouths of those speaking.

Return to posts index

Peter RalphRe: Wedding videos - Getting a direct feed to improve speech quality
by on Feb 15, 2006 at 3:17:46 pm

I would not recommend relying on either the dj to act sensibly. If the mic is on a stand you might be able to piggyback but I would not recommend if handheld.

I would place a mic (preferably 2) close to the pa speakers and monitor the sound when recording.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]