FORUMS: list search recent posts

What equipment do you suggest?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hurleyWhat equipment do you suggest?
by on Jan 25, 2006 at 10:42:34 pm

Hey everybody, I could really use your help. I do local car shows, you know the annoying things where someone drives a car up and they talk about it, etc? Well I've got a recent call about covering a local athletic team. They want me to film it with 2 cameras and have an edited tape directly after the game to air later that night. Now supposing I've got 2 cameras, tripods, etc, what sort of mixer, transmitter/reciever, etc. would I need to do this. Other info, the cameras would be decently far apart, so I would have to go wireless getting the video into a mixer. One camera might be able to have a cord, the place is too spread out. Secondly I would be putting in audio from a local radio station covering the event. Also they might want me to put some graphics on it periodically, the score etc. and maybe a short open. The finished product wouldn't have to be a masterpeice, but decently nice. I've shot these guys before so the shooting part would be fairly simple. Lastly, how much should I charge? Any ideas on what would be reasonable. I'm just a little in-home production company that does local advertisements, so I don't have much overhead and I want to beat anyones elses offer but still make a decent profit. Is there anything else I'm missing?
Thanks alot!!

Return to posts index

David JonesRe: What equipment do you suggest?
by on Jan 26, 2006 at 12:46:14 am

I suggest you rent a flypack with switcher.

Return to posts index

markp_92647Re: What equipment do you suggest?
by on Jan 27, 2006 at 5:43:33 am

sony has a " field" unit that would work great, it would require 3 people
1 on the swither " (producer) 2 camera men firewire inputs, live cutting,live titles, firewire out to laptop hard drive, audio mixer. all the bells and wistles

cost 5k

ouch, sorry I dont know the name, but if you can tolerate the price, you can find it with some searching, in lots of the trade rags about 6-12 months ago, full page ads

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved