FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easy ways to put MPEGS onto a website?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wendie KEasy ways to put MPEGS onto a website?
by on Jan 25, 2006 at 1:26:45 am

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows of any easy way to post large videos to a website. I would rather create a website and then post my samples, then have to send out sample DVDs to any interested parties.

I am just a novice at this, and looking to videotape weddings every once in a while -- so would love to create an easy to view web site with samples of my work included!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Return to posts index

Ken EhrhartRe: Easy ways to put MPEGS onto a website?
by on Jan 25, 2006 at 3:01:23 pm

From what I've heard, Flash video is widely accepted as the most compatible format for putting video on the web, in that everyone has Flash enabled browsers. If you're looking for a way to put large files on the web, you might check out the samples of the 2005 4EVERGroup Artistic Achievemnet Awards (which can be seen on their website at ( They are presented using Dynamic Media Player. You can check out what they offer at to the public at

Let me know if you have more questions

Ken Ehrhart, owner
(the REAL) SUMMIT Productions

Return to posts index

George SockaRe: Easy ways to put MPEGS onto a website?
by on Jan 25, 2006 at 11:37:51 pm

2 steps:
upload (ftp) the file to your web server as abcde.mpg
create a link on your page pointing to abcde.mpg.

angel bracket a href = etc etc

repeat as required.

I would stay away from anybody's specialty player. Almost every computer in the world will play garden variety mpeg1 files

Flash does not readily play mpegs. It will play QuickTime and it own .flv however.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved