FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice on Websites

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug LewisAdvice on Websites
by on Jan 12, 2006 at 12:49:22 pm

I'm looking into getting a website for my video/photo business. What kind of advice can everyone give me? Is it better to deal with a local company for design or to use companies out on the Internet? Better to buy software and design myself? Better to maintain myself, or hire someone else to do it? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Peter RalphRe: Advice on Websites
by on Jan 12, 2006 at 2:43:50 pm

Form should follow function. You must know what your intended output is before you can evaluate the efficacy of the avaialable inputs. Few business strategies are wrong in an absolute sense. Do you want video samples, photo slideshows? How often will you want to update the site? How important is it that the site reflect your style and promote your design skills? Are clients going to be looking to you for help in putting video on the web? How central a role will the site have in promoting your business? Sit down with photoshop or even a piece of paper and sketch out a site plan. Then you can decide html or flash, template or scratch, hire it out or DIY etc.

Return to posts index

Mike HennesseyRe: Advice on Websites
by on Jan 20, 2006 at 9:32:26 pm

My wife does part time web development. She may be able to help you out, or at the very least she can give you some advice on how to approach the process.

Her e-mail is;

Return to posts index

Doug LewisRe: Advice on Websites
by on Feb 3, 2006 at 10:16:40 pm

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't thank you sooner, but have been away from this forum for a while. I'll get some questions together and send an email. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved