FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beautiful people

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat KingBeautiful people
by on Dec 22, 2005 at 7:26:10 pm

I noticed looking at wedding videos that the ones where the bride, groom etc. appear affluent and attractive have much more impact on me even though I am really quite poor and ugly. I would be much more inclined to hire a videographer who had attractive clients. Is this prejudice universal?

Return to posts index

tony salgadoRe: Beautiful people
by on Dec 22, 2005 at 8:31:39 pm

In this era people love looking at beautiful things, people or items because they deep down aspire or desire to be just like or have the images displayed. I wonder if the good looking clients pay more than the ugly ones because they are willing to pay higher for better quality images of themselves.

Back in the middle ages however women who had some meat on them were considered appealing in contrast.

So why not offer a speciality service for videotaping wedding for a era gone by where Fat is in and ugly is cool.

Make sure the videography is a fat overweight news cameraman who can't hold the camera steady unless it is on his belly for cushion.

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: Beautiful people
by on Dec 23, 2005 at 4:15:03 am

Is this prejudice universal?
====

Pretty much. It's built into our DNA to be attracted to, well, attractiveness.

As Tony points out, our cultural ideas of what "attractive" means change from year to year, but the underlying prejudice is always there. It's part of who we are. And boy, doesn't Madison Ave. know it?

Return to posts index

Don GreeningRe: Beautiful people
by on Dec 23, 2005 at 5:19:20 am

[Jeff Carpenter] "And boy, doesn't Madison Ave. know it?"

No kidding. Nothing brought out this fact more prominently than the last wedding fair we were at. We were showing two different weddings we'd done. One was editied 'wedding story' style and the other was 'doc' style. The couple in the wedding story were in their 40s. They're certainly not at all in the unattractive catagory, but the couple in the other one were much closer to the, shall we say, age group of the wedding fair patrons. The fact that they were also an extremely attractive couple didn't hurt, either. We soon decided to stick to playing the DVD with the young couple because there was about 3 times the traffic in front of our booth than when we played the other disk. Which was too bad because I thought the wedding story style we did showcased our shooting/editing talents better than just a simple show-everything-the-way-it-happened style.

Beauty gets the attention. Just ask my neighbour Pamela Anderson.

- Don

Return to posts index

Don GreeningRe: Beautiful people
by on Dec 23, 2005 at 5:31:29 am

[Pat King] "I am really quite poor and ugly."

BTW, I can't speak to your financial situation, but you're certainly not ugly. I've seen pictures ;-) You're a heck of a lot cuter than I, that much I know.

- Don

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Beautiful people
by on Dec 23, 2005 at 3:24:48 pm

Hey, don't infringe my copyright on the "fat belly" camera stabilizer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]