FORUMS: list search recent posts

two cameras

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Whirlertwo cameras
by on Dec 4, 2005 at 9:47:27 am

Next weekend I will be taping a wedding and it will be my first go with two cameras, I've borrowed my brother's consumer mini DV Canon. My plan is to set his camera up on a tripod with my Rode directional mic and use my camera(VX2000)for close ups and effect shots. I edit with Sony Vegas 6.

Any tips or things I should prepare in advance? Is there a way to sync the cameras or is that even important?

Return to posts index

velmaRe: two cameras
by on Dec 4, 2005 at 12:19:18 pm

Just make sure the stationary camera (since it will be your main cam) is in a place where no one will block it.

You sync the cameras up in post. It's really very easy. But this is the key to an easy sync: Keep both cameras rolling continuously. Do NOT hit the stop button on either camera during the ceremony for any reason. The only exception would be a tape change if the ceremony is long.

In post, I usually use an audio cue to sync them. Just before the beginning, there's always a loud cough or child noise or something. Or I sync them on the first note of a certain song. Other people use different methods.

I also make sure they are both white balanced the same. Makes for easier color correction in post.

good luck,

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: two cameras
by on Dec 5, 2005 at 5:41:08 pm

Flashbulb pop done in view of both works well too. And looking at a blow-up of the audio waveform makes it easy to slip and slide until they match.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved