FORUMS: list search recent posts

The right Web hosting plan for me?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay StallworthThe right Web hosting plan for me?
by on Nov 23, 2005 at 7:34:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I am trying to jump start my small video editing biz. I have had numerous inquiries about people wanting to see some of my work on my website. I have always had to tell them that I don't have any website yet. I would like to change that. I would like to get a hosting plan that is just right for me, but I don't know what to look for.

Hear is what I am looking for in a web hosting plan:
1. To have my QuickTime / Window media / demo reels on the site so perspective clients can look at my work.
2. To have clients login to there accounts to upload / download QuickTime Clips (digital dailies)
3. To have my clients pay there bills online
4. I would like to do video Podcasting
5. I would like to have more then one domain on this plan, as I have other ventures that need their own website and space.
6. I would like to have enough bandwidth and disk space to do all of these things.

Based on what I have told you what should I be looking for in a web hosting plan.

Jay Stallworth

Return to posts index

ThaxRe: The right Web hosting plan for me?
by on Nov 25, 2005 at 1:03:21 pm

I don't know about web hosting, but I did give your name to all of the LONG-DISTANCE PHONE SERVICE carriers and told them you might be looking for a change.

So, expect a couple of calls this month.

... Just kidding :-)

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: The right Web hosting plan for me?
by on Nov 25, 2005 at 7:56:05 pm

The right plan for you might be to seek out a professional and pay them to help you get started.

I say this because I run and design my own web page pretty well but I don't think I could do everything you're asking for. Given the amount of time I spent to get myself up and running I think you have to ask yourself just how valuable your time is. Things like paying online is a concept that I'd much rather pay someone to do for me than figure out myself.

If you do decide to do this yourself I suggest buying some books. Online advice is great to get past problem areas, but I would have never figured out everything I know without the help of things like "Dummies" books. (Or any book that explains things plainly and easily.)

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Kenneth HahnRe: The right Web hosting plan for me?
by on Nov 25, 2005 at 11:49:42 pm

I have mine hosted through They have numerous plans and you can register your domain through them also. I am currently using the "Hosting 3000" plan which gives me 15gigs of space on their server, and it seems to be a very fast server when I upload/download to update my page. This plan runs 29.95/month. I know they have biz plans to for the other things you are talking about like bill pay.
One of my best friends you used to work for them (Verio) designing web pages. He is now free-lance. You can reach him at Not sure what he charges for pages. He did my initial pages and design, but I have chenged them some since then.

Hope that helps you out some.

It's Not Just A Video,
It's A Production

Return to posts index

Charlie KingRe: The right Web hosting plan for me?
by on Dec 5, 2005 at 5:42:00 pm

I use I have been with them for a long time. I have been very happy with them. Their prices are very reasonable and they just recently added features and disk space with no price increase. They also register domains, and have sub-domain capabilities and very good e-mail services with multiple e-mail accounts for each domain. Check them out at

ProductionKing Video Services
Unmarked Door Productions
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved