FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pricing Structure for New Business Venture

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anna  PanettaPricing Structure for New Business Venture
by on Nov 9, 2005 at 12:27:35 pm

Hi There,

I was wondering if someone can assist me with some pricing structures. I'm in Sydney, Australia and have just started my own small video editing business from home so I can still look after the kids. What I do is photo montage with menus, music, scene selection as well as a DVD consisting of both VHS Video footage and heap of photos and am not sure just how much to charge out. Does anyone out there have any idea.

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: Pricing Structure for New Business Venture
by on Nov 9, 2005 at 2:47:38 pm

It depends on how much work you put into it. I've seen some guys who'll do a "video scrapbook" for $50...but all they do is point a camcorder at a picture, take a 5-7 second shot, then shoot the next pic, and the next, until the tape is done.

Then there's the folks who capture each photo in high resolution, correct and retouch them in Photoshop, add frames, bring them into a video editing program, add motion, music, maybe narration.

These latter types will generally charge $3 - $5 US per picture, with a 50 picture minimum or so.

But also see this article:

It tells you why you shouldn't price your work to match the guy down the street, or by what people like me tell you in forums. Instead, make sure you price your product so that you get a fair return on your time and money invested.

Doug Graham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved