Is it possible? Can I capture video footage from a DVD onto my Canon GL2 with an S-Video cable? I tried but couldn't seem to get any results; maybe I did it wrong. What other methods are there? Please help guys....
The following is a copied quote from the GL2 manual (pp 101-102).
You can record a video played on your VCR or analog camcorder (for digital camcorder, see p. 99)
or a TV program onto a tape in the GL2, if the TV or other device has audio/video outputs.
* If an anomalous signal is sent from the TV or VCR, the images recorded on the tape may also be
anomalous (although it may not appear so on the TV image), not recorded at all, or COPYRIGHT
PROTECTED DUBBING RESTRICTED may appear in the viewfinder.
*You cannot dub tapes recorded with the copyright protective signal.
1. Connect the camcorder to the VCR, TV or another camcorder.
2. Prepare the device. (Example connecting to a VCR)
* Set the TV/Video selector on the television to Video.
*Turn on the VCR. Load your recorded cassette, and put the VCR in playback pause mode.
*See your TV and VCR instruction manuals for details.
3. Slide the camcorderХs POWER switch to PLAY (VCR) and TAPE/CARD switch to
4. Load a blank cassette.
1. Find a point on your playback source device slightly before the section you wish to
copy and set it to playback pause mode.
2. Press the REC PAUSE button.
* S-video and audio IN/OUT terminals work as input terminals.
*The camera enters record pause mode.
3. Start playback on the other device or turn on the TV to see the desired
program while you monitor the picture.
4. Press the Play/Pause(>/II) button on the camcorder or the PAUSE (II) button on
the wireless controller.
5. When you get to the point where you wish to stop recording, press the stop
button or the pause button.
6. Stop playback on the other device.
*You can monitor the picture on the LCD screen/viewfinder.