FORUMS: list search recent posts

What NLE are you using?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jdWhat NLE are you using?
by on Oct 18, 2005 at 5:26:07 pm

Hi folks,
Just a quci question. I have been using Premiere Pro have run into issues on my past few projects. Although I have found work arounds I've been tossing the idea around about switching to a new NLE.

Just wondering what you are all using and how has workflow been?

Thank you,

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: What NLE are you using?
by on Oct 18, 2005 at 5:59:24 pm

Why don't you tell us what issues you've had along with what kind of projects you work on.

I can tell you that I use Final Cut Pro, but without knowing what problems you have I couldn't say if this would be any better for you or not.

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: What NLE are you using?
by on Oct 19, 2005 at 1:08:13 pm

I use Vegas, and I agree with Jeff's comment. I'd go even further: no matter how good someone says an NLE is, you need to try it for yourself. Different people respond very differently to the same piece of software.

Doug Graham

Return to posts index

jdRe: What NLE are you using?
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 7:36:57 pm

I've been having major green and black clips after render with Premiere Pro. I do a lot of Photo montages w/ pan and scaling and layering as well. I've got all the way through projects only to render and find completey black or green clips. I guess it is a long known memory issue with Premiere. I even purchased Imaginate from canopus to use with Premiere and STILL had the same issue on my last project.
I've been looking at Final Cut.

Thanks any feed back appreciated.

Return to posts index

Daniel SerranoRe: What NLE are you using?
by on Oct 24, 2005 at 12:43:24 am

I was for a time a happy premiere user on windows until I decided I needed a change (I was in premiere 5 to 6.5) I even spent dealing with hardware stuff.....

Now I'm happy with Final Cut Studio.....

about your problems it happens quite often and usually its never the same cause.... I even tried Premiere Pro and couldn't make a pan that looked good with my pictures, looked good on computer but on TV looked like it lacked resolution, but as you mention canopus imaginate... got me going quite some time with a lot of smooth movements and I liked it....

but now I used motion2 for those movements in my montages and I just happen to liked it more, you can even import those layered photoshop files and some movements to the layers and quite easily...

but for some reason now, I'm not concerned with hardware, I mean I spent more time editing than inside the guts of the machine...

hope it helps

Hello from Mexico....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved