FORUMS: list search recent posts

4ever awards

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat King4ever awards
by on Oct 7, 2005 at 6:28:06 pm

I was disappointed with the quality of the 4ever awards, quality was way too good :O)

DGC I see you were one of the judges and my comment about the award winning videos is not really a joke. What I meant was that the videos I watched (the stage productions) were not really event videos, they werent videos of a stage performance in the way that we might be typically asked to video a dance recital or whatever. They all seemed staged specifically for the camera, without an audience. I think for this category anyway there should be another award just for live performances. Event video is all about getting it here and now, and requires a unique set of skills, different from capturing a sdtaged performance. Just my .02

Return to posts index

Post removed.

branmacRe: 4ever awards
by on Nov 1, 2005 at 7:32:51 pm

Yes I see what you mean. It does seem that in the event video world a lot of the awards and attention focuses on staged shots or editing techniques rather than event video camerawork, audio etc. It is a pity as event video does indeed require a very unique set of skills which are rarely showcased.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved