FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless Mic shopping questions again

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad TreanorWireless Mic shopping questions again
by on Oct 6, 2005 at 7:43:44 pm

What are the differences in a wireless lav that has

I'm looking to shoot short films, real estate video and weddings. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Chad Treanor

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: Wireless Mic shopping questions again
by on Oct 6, 2005 at 9:03:35 pm

The difference in those two models is that the UM-1 operates on a single fixed radio frequency (1 channel), while the UM-32 allows you to select one of 32 channels for operation. This allows you to change frequency to avoid interfering with, or getting interference from, other UHF radios on your frequency.

Doug Graham

Return to posts index

Mark Von LankenRe: Wireless Mic shopping questions again
by on Oct 7, 2005 at 1:51:25 am

Hi Chad,

The UM32 is worth the extra money. If you have frequency problems because of a fixed frequency wireless system, the mic is worthless. You just wasted all of that money.

If you can spend about $150 more than the UM32, I would highly recommnend this mic.

I have owned the Samson UM1 and the Sennheiser is a much better wireless system.

I'm really not trying to blow your budget, but if you ever have a need for a handheld wireless you can get this system for only $100 more.

All My Best,
Mark Von Lanken
Picture This Productions, Inc.

Return to posts index

markp_92647Re: Wireless Mic shopping questions again
by on Oct 11, 2005 at 5:43:02 am

the post above is correct, sennheiser is great. I own this product version ew100. about 2+ years old, and it works great. you can get this product the ew112 on ebay for 50-100 less. You buy this stuff once, so spend the $$$ and get it good and get it to last. azden 2000upr looks nice.

SPEND the money, if you dont have enough, save, not buy junk, use ebay, goood shopping

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved