FORUMS: list search recent posts

wedding sequence

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erlywedding sequence
by on Sep 20, 2005 at 2:29:01 am

hey folks, as a favor, i shot a friends wedding and told them i would also do the editing. being the first wedding i have done, i was looking for some professional advice geared towards the sequencing of events, (montage in the forefront, then lead to pre ceremony -getting dressed, ceremony...) i would like it to have as professional of a feel as can be. we used 2 cameras the entire evening, i have access to the photographers digital files. And yes i am prepared to spend 40+ hours editing, now that the capture process is over.

So my questions are, 1 how to work the Transitions from event to event. 2. how to soften my video, say of the bride in certain clips. 3. Equally as important to me, any suggestions for websites which contain samples of wedding videos.

I have read a good bit of the posts in this forum and have learned quite a bit. i hope you can answer my questions.

Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

promoboyRe: wedding sequence
by on Sep 20, 2005 at 3:32:45 am

Check out the link below where the person is asking for an opinion about a Century Fisheye Lens. Mark Von Lanken posted a reply with a link to a demo of a wedding he shot. It's probably the most beautiful wedding video I've seen. You may be able to find some inspiration/ideas for there. I'd give you some more pointers, but I've never shot a wedding video (they scare me to death). Hope this helps some.

Return to posts index

iveyRe: wedding sequence
by on Sep 20, 2005 at 4:15:26 am

It helps to know what editing software you're using.

Return to posts index

ErlyRe: wedding sequence
by on Sep 20, 2005 at 5:05:01 am

[ivey] "It helps to know what editing software you're using."

To Ivey: I am equipped with Premiere Pro 1.5, and Encore for authoring.

-thank you promoboy, for the information

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: wedding sequence
by on Sep 20, 2005 at 4:34:49 pm

Well, it's common to montage some side-by-side "growing-up" stills of the B&G as a light intro to the main video. We can thank John Mellencamp's "Life Goes On (Jack & Diane) music video for this being popularized, but hey, I like it too.

One of my favorite tricks is to tape candid behind the scenes style of the stills guy taking his formals right after the ceremony, and dropping his stills into the shot every time his flash goes off.

One could use a sequence of stills as a bumper between segments as well.

Return to posts index

velmaRe: wedding sequence
by on Sep 20, 2005 at 6:54:56 pm

Do a search for wedding videography . You'll come up with a ton of wedding videographers' sites. Most should have online demos. Some will be tacky, but many will be good.

good luck,

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: wedding sequence
by on Sep 26, 2005 at 2:16:32 pm

I would limit the number of titles you use.

For example, you could head up each segment with a title..."Preparations", "The Ceremony", "The Reception", etc. But I wouldn't.

Instead, fade to black after each major segment, then fade up to the first clip of the next segment. This first clip should be an obvious establishing shot that tells us where we are. For example, an exterior shot of the church for the start of the ceremony segment.

Doug Graham

Return to posts index

KenRe: wedding sequence
by on Sep 29, 2005 at 5:58:12 am

You say you are going to use Encore to output, yet the question you posed leads me to think you want a linear sequence. When we output our weddings to DVD, we seperate them into individual chapters, allowing the viewer to pick and choose how they want to view. Each section stands on its own... ceremony, montage, reception.... with highlight sections of the recpetion and ceremony (keeping those to 5 minutes or so each)

So... unless I totally misunderstood your direction......

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved