FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photographers Web Page

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ralph Hajik
Photographers Web Page
on Aug 18, 2005 at 5:29:31 pm

Hi,

Is there anyone out there that can pass on some information on how to design a Web Page for my photography work? I figure I can hire someone, but that's to easy and expensive. I would like to try to tackle it myself if possible. I'm working with Photoshop CS2, Vegas6 & I have windows XP if that matters. I need to know where to start.
Thanks for any information.

Ralph Hajik
Westmont, IL

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: Photographers Web Page
on Aug 18, 2005 at 5:35:30 pm

You probably want to go to the bookstore and buy some kind of "HTML for Dummies" book. Something that's simple and talks about web page design.

In addition to that you'll probably want to buy something like Dreamweaver.
http://www.macromedia.com/software/dreamweaver/

You can program web pages with nothing more than a simple text editing program, but that's going to be a LOT harder. With Dreamweaver you'll be able do a lot more a lot faster. Look for tutorial books on that program while you're buying the HTML book, it can help you jump in a lot quicker to try out some lessons from a book instead of simply readnig the manual.

And I DO suggest getting the HTML book even if you're going to buy a program that helps you design it. Even though the program is doing a lot of the work for you it helps if you have some understanding of what, exactly, it's doing for you.

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Aug 18, 2005 at 6:13:24 pm

I use Front Page, and I look at sites that I like and view the source to see the html for items they did that are interesting to me. Front page gives me my basics then I adjust the html to get what I actually want it to do.

Charlie

Return to posts index

George Socka
on Aug 19, 2005 at 3:18:26 am

CS2 has built in capability to generate photo galleries - a bit industrial but they work. For the basic infrastructure, use an ISP that provides a templated website ceation tool - I like bluegenesis.com and look.ca up here in canada, 1in1 seems comprehensive as well at reasonable costs. bluegenesis has a whoel slew of templates for phographers in fact. Disclaimer - I use bluegenesis for a few sites but that is all. IMNSHO, Dreamweaver is way to much work if you are only creating one website. Front page is less work, but overkill as well

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Aug 19, 2005 at 3:12:40 pm

I have my account at netfirms.com. They have a new online editor, but I have not tried it since I have frontpage. Netfirms has been very good to me for about 5 years, and their prices are reasonable. Even have a free hosting plan.

Charlie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]