FORUMS: list search recent posts

need a wedding editor?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joshua
need a wedding editor?
on Aug 14, 2005 at 6:07:40 am

i'm looking for wedding/event video editing work on a freelance basis. i would work from home, and will put the finished product on DVD. i have a lot of experience with weddings/bar mitzvahs/concerts. i'm nursing a foot injury, and cannot shoot my own weddings at the moment. so i'm looking for extra work on the editing side. we can negotiate a per project pay rate. thanks, josh

Return to posts index

Tom
Re: need a wedding editor?
by
on Aug 14, 2005 at 11:59:09 am

you would do better in the job forum

Return to posts index

Peter Ralph
on Aug 14, 2005 at 2:12:07 pm

you would need to be able to provide a lot of very very hi quality samples, be super-efficient with state of the art software and hardware to have any chance of making this work.

The real problem is that producing a wedding video involves a lot of very time consuming routine (duping tapes, logging, matching up footage/audio etc) which no-one is going to pay much for, and a lot of highly subjective decision making which everyone thinks they excel at.

Return to posts index

joshua
on Aug 14, 2005 at 2:25:41 pm

peter. i understand, i've been involved in this for a while. i have samples. i don't think i'd be involved in any tape duping, but that is something that me and the videographer farming out the editing to me could discuss beforehand when we figure out a rate. so it's worth a try to see what i can find. thanks, josh

Return to posts index

David Rennie
on Aug 14, 2005 at 3:20:16 pm

you may also want to state where you are located. If your in NY and a videographer in CA needs help, I doubt he would want to ship tapes across the country to you. Just a thought.

Return to posts index

joshua
on Aug 14, 2005 at 3:34:40 pm

that's a good point. thanks david. it slipped my mind that this is a national forum. i'm in boston, MA. i've been editing weddings for a guy in florida through the use of priority mail, which is fairly inexpensive. so long distance is a possibility. if there's anyone in the boston area who wants to work with me, even better. reply on this thread if if interested, and i can show you a sample of my work. thanks, josh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]