FORUMS: list search recent posts

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
by on Jul 31, 2005 at 10:57:47 am

I was thinking of purchasing a JVC-60 for the weddings that I shoot. I like the abilty to put the camera on my shoulder. Do any of you use this camera?

Are there any suggestions as to which tripod I should look for with a larger digital camera such as this?

Return to posts index

David RennieRe: jvc-60
by on Aug 1, 2005 at 12:42:01 am

Do you mean the AGDVC-60 by Panasonic? I am not familar with a JVC camera by that name.

If you do mean the Panasonic camera you should know that it is not that "big" of a camera weighing in under 6 pounds. I would also suggest looking at reviews of the camera. The DVC-60 is much like the DVC-15 (discontinued) or the DVC-7 (single chipper) in that low light performance may be an issue for you.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 1, 2005 at 4:51:39 am

yes sorry, the dvc60 was what I was thinking of. It has gotten a good review on cnet, and most of the opinions of the camera, from people who use it, have been decent.

I'm currently using a dvc-7, so a dvc60 would be a bit heavier, although they are both the same size camera's. I don't want to use a camera that

Return to posts index

David RennieRe: dvc60
by on Aug 1, 2005 at 10:20:31 pm

That may be true, but from a pratical standpoint the DVC-60 is not well suited for low light conditions. It would not be my camera of choice for covering events such as a wedding reception. I have a DVC-15 (which was replaced by the DVC-60). Both cameras are 4 lux cameras. It requires way more light than my DVX-100. For the amount of money you are talking about you could get a vx-2100 which is much better suited to covering receptions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved