FORUMS: list search recent posts

Long vows in Highlight video. Any suggestions?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
danny boyee
Long vows in Highlight video. Any suggestions?
on Jul 11, 2005 at 11:05:23 pm

I am making a highlight video for a couple that wrote their on vows. They were slightly long, but they want them ALL in there. I've layered the audio over the bride coming down the aisle in slo mo, the "giving away" and a few glances at the bridal party. As well as shots of them actually saying the vows. I also interwove them so he says a line and then she does. But I've run out of ideas.
Should I go forward in time, and layer them over the rings and unity sand?
What are your thoughts on what I have done and what I should do?
Cheers,
DB

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: Long vows in Highlight video. Any suggestions?
on Jul 12, 2005 at 4:13:47 am

Those are all good ideas, and by all means, do what you can, but at a certain point people have to understand that if they want ALL of an event that is "x" long, then their video will be "x+standard-length" long.

I try to make highlight videos that are less than 20 minutes long, but sometimes people request so much stuff that it ends up being 40 minutes long. Well, that's pretty long as far as I'm concerned, but those people love it because that's what they wanted!

Return to posts index

Doug Graham
on Jul 12, 2005 at 1:55:56 pm

No need to confine the vows voiceover to things that happened right at that point in time. The vows make a great overall unifying element for the whole highlights segment. Continuing the vows over the ring exchange and unity candle is a good idea. Here are some other things you can use as visual overlays for the vows...

- still shots of the B&G
- shots of the bride and groom getting ready for the ceremony
- shots of the first dance at the reception
- shots of the cake cutting
- final shot of them leaving the reception in the limo

In fact, you can actually STRETCH OUT the recitation of the vows, by interspersing them with short musical segments, so the vows cover the entire highlights segment, appearing at especially memorable or moving moments.

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

danny boyee
on Jul 12, 2005 at 11:22:36 pm

Ahhhh....Thank you guys. My brain had serious editor's block. Ever get that?:)

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Jul 13, 2005 at 3:50:59 pm

[danny boyee] "Ahhhh....Thank you guys. My brain had serious editor's block. Ever get that?:)"

No less than once a week, or is that once a day? Can't think, my brain is not functioning right now.

Charlie

Return to posts index

Scott
on Jul 15, 2005 at 6:20:42 pm

What's editing?.....OH Yeah, never mind....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]