FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mini Disc Record Settings

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BradbroMini Disc Record Settings
by on Jun 24, 2005 at 5:31:47 am

I'm filming a wedding this weekend, and this will be my trial run with my new Mini Disc recorder. So far I'm only planning to use it at the ceremony. What setting do you use for recording, regular stereo, or LP2? How about auto sound level vs. manual setting? Any "gotchas" I should be on the lookout for? Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Peter RalphRe: Mini Disc Record Settings
by on Jun 24, 2005 at 2:32:39 pm

With a lav I normally leave it on auto and set mic sensitivity to low. Set to record in mono for double the recording time. Set the control lock-out if you have one. When using an MD to record music I set levels manually.

Return to posts index

BradbroRe: Mini Disc Record Settings
by on Jul 9, 2005 at 4:45:10 am

Well, For anyone reading this thread I thought I'd share my experience. Overall it went well. I went with the manual record level (I had the wireless lav mic on the groom and plugged the output of the Nady into the mini disc mic input). The resulting sound was much better than we got from the cams. There was two waterfalls running and the cams sounded like they were at the foot of Niagra Falls. The mini picked up only the voices at a good level. The one "gotcha" came when I was plugging the headphones back into the mini (after monitoring the cam level for a bit). It has this remote control gadget in the center of the cord with tiny little buttons. Well the button I accidentaly touched was the stop button. I lost about ten seconds of the vows when I was scrambling to get back in manual record mode (it puts you back to auto if the recording stops). Moral of the story: next time use headphones with no remote control in the middle! As for capturing into the pc, it's really pointless having usb, they're so afraid of music being stolen that you can't extract the data from the mini disc. You have to do an analog capture using a Radio Shack mini plug to rca cord.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved