FORUMS: list search recent posts

Samson lavaliere mics

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kennon ShainSamson lavaliere mics
by on Jun 14, 2005 at 10:53:16 pm

Hi all-

I recently got my hands on two Samson UHF Micro 32 mics and receivers. I have a Canon GL-2, so I bought a Canon XLR adapter, and can now plug both mics into both channels of my camera. Much better for ceremonies than a shotgun mic!

However, the receivers don't have belt clips, AND the cords going from the receivers to the XLR adapter are so short that they wouldn't even reach my belt. Does anyone have something similar, and if so, how do you mount everything? I recently bought a monopod, so the camera is pretty high, and it makes it tough for any convenient place to put the receivers. Is there any easy, inexpensive way to make everything accessible, other than duct tape? Longer cords would allow me to put them in my pocket, but that just seems ridiculous.

Also-any good places to get audio supplies? One of the mics doesn't have a clip or wind-cover, and I'm assuming there must be a cheap, easy place to get those,other than going directly to Samson.

Thanks in advance-

Ken

PowerMac G4 (Quicksilver)
Dual 1 GHZ
1.5 gig RAM
OSX 10.3.5
Final Cut HD

Return to posts index

dezineRe: Samson lavaliere mics
by on Jun 15, 2005 at 1:08:08 am

I contacted Samson directly and asked them if I could purchase a spare belt clip for the Micro 32.
They sent me one free of charge.

Michael
LVProductions

Return to posts index

Postal BoyRe: Samson lavaliere mics
by on Jun 15, 2005 at 7:33:30 pm

When I purchased mine it came with a velcro self-adhesive strip. One side for the receiver, the other side for on the camera. I have a Sony and just picked a spot that wasn't in the way, and the receiver just "sticks" to the side of the camera with the velcro.

Did yours not come with any velcro?

Postal

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2005 at 7:44:54 pm

However a Mighty Wondercan Mini Rover (It's a handgrip that attaches to the base of the camera and creates a handle to grip with, the shotgun is attached to the top of the handgrip and the micro 32 transmmitter is clipped to the bracket.
I prefer this to having the micro32 attached to my camera.

Here's the grip.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=194070&is=REG

Michael
LVProductions

Return to posts index

Kennon ShainRe: Samson lavaliere mics
by on Jun 16, 2005 at 1:03:40 am

The velcro just seems like it could get annoying and the GL-2 doesn't have a lot of free space. The mighty wondercam is interesting.....how does that work with a tripod though? It seems like it could be weird to control....

Thanks-

Ken

PowerMac G4 (Quicksilver)
Dual 1 GHZ
1.5 gig RAM
OSX 10.3.5
Final Cut HD

Return to posts index

Postal BoyRe: Samson lavaliere mics
by on Jun 16, 2005 at 7:18:07 pm

The space issue can be a problem. I would send you a picture of how we have ours, but I'm away from home right now and won't be back in town for a few more days.

I just found a pretty good spot for it, but not all cameras will have an opening like that. The wondercam does sound interesting.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 23, 2005 at 2:35:39 am

It's not awkward at all when using on a tripod.
You just use the pan bar like normal and you ahve no balance issue.
I also use it with my DVRig Pro and have no issues as well. A quick release plate attaches to the bottom of the bracket to function like mornal.

I am able to switch between my monopod, tripod and dvrig by using the same quick release assembly.

Michael
LVProductions

Return to posts index

You Can Call Me AlRe: Samson lavaliere mics
by on Jul 22, 2005 at 7:59:20 pm

I had the same problem but using a Sony PDX10.
What I did was to put some velcro on the on the bottom of the receiver and attached it to the top of the tripod where the legs meets there is some "shelf" space. So the tripod head is up and the receiver is down below on top of the area where the legs come together. The back of the receiver rests against the center tripod pole. I then use a watch strap to go around the receiver so between that and the velcro it is held in. Of course you can't go running anywhere - but never fails me.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]