FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCAM tape

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris
DVCAM tape
on Jun 8, 2005 at 6:31:14 pm

Anyone know if its possible to recover footage that has been recorded over on Sony DV tape or am I just totally screwed?

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: DVCAM tape
on Jun 8, 2005 at 6:44:53 pm

Yes, you are screwed!

Return to posts index

Matte
on Jun 9, 2005 at 2:59:31 pm

Kind of like trying to UN-burn a fireplace log.
One you commit, its a "keeper".

This is one of those situations that all shooters have nightmares about.

-Sorry

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Jun 9, 2005 at 3:53:37 pm

Only one of many reasons I pop the record lockout when removing from machine, and never ever re-use tape. There are many other reasons for that but this is one of them.

Charlie

Return to posts index

Chris
on Jun 9, 2005 at 5:09:55 pm

In all of my fourteen-fifteen years of shooting this has never happened! I feel horrible, ashamed, embaressed, pissed and so unprofessional. I have lost many nights of sleep over this and am wondering what I'm going to tell the woman whos daughter Bat Mitzvah is now gone. This week was horrible to begin with and just progressivly worse. The only good thing that came out of it was Peters suggestion for a tripod which I followed.

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Jun 14, 2005 at 2:36:17 pm

It has happened to more than a few people.
Years ago I worked at a radio station as the morning drive jock and production director.
I can still remember just like it was yesterday, getting of the air and going into the production room to produce spots.
I was standing at the bulk eraser zapping tapes when an AE came in to give me the master tape of a clients new jingle.
As we were talking, another AE came in wanting to chat about the spots for their client.
I'm chatting away with the two, while my busy little hands were hard at work bulking tape.
Yes the new jingle, a concert promo from Bill Young, and a half dozen spots that were just carted.
Oh well, Life does go on!

Return to posts index

Chris
on Jun 14, 2005 at 11:20:39 pm

Not that its good but its good to hear a story like that...makes me feel a bit better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]