FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvd Printer???

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grant m
dvd Printer???
on Jun 7, 2005 at 9:27:31 pm

Hello,

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good printer for printing on DVDs? I've seen the Epson r320 and r800 for sale here locally, but I was curious what other options are being used.

Return to posts index

Peter Ralph
Re: dvd Printer???
on Jun 7, 2005 at 9:38:57 pm

check discmakers.com they have a bunch more suitable for high throughput - but afaik nothing comes close to epson for price

Return to posts index

Doug Graham
on Jun 8, 2005 at 2:02:39 pm

The Epson "R" series are about your only choice for a reasonable price.

They do a great job, too. The only drawback is that they can only print on one disc at a time; there is no autoloading feature.

For large production runs, your next stop is a robotic duplicator, like the Primera Bravo II...or a DVD duplication tower and an autoloading printer that costs almost as much as the Bravo.

Other options:
- Thermal printer. These are limited in their colors.
- HP printable DVDs. HP makes a DVD drive that can burn a two-toned image onto the surface of a compatible disc.

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

Ken
by
on Jun 13, 2005 at 5:33:48 am

I have an Epson R300. I love it. Have probably printed well over 500 CD's/DVD's on it in the 2 years I have had it. It can be a bit frustrating printing large batches (largest single batch so far was 100), but once you get into a rhythm, it isn't too bad. Reasonably economical on the ink also.

Ken

Return to posts index

mctiller
on Jun 15, 2005 at 2:48:48 am

I'll second Ken on that.

Except I use the R200. It is true that a large run of DVD's could be trouble some. My largest run has been 20.

But as I think about it, each printer only costs $100 or so. Buy five of them, and print five at a time, see the off the top of my head logic here. Anyway, it's about the best $100 I've spent out of all my equipment.

But on top of that it makes incredible photographs, so I've also started using it to print my DVD cases.

Martin

http://www.mctimages.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]