FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvd Printer???

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grant mdvd Printer???
by on Jun 7, 2005 at 9:27:31 pm

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good printer for printing on DVDs? I've seen the Epson r320 and r800 for sale here locally, but I was curious what other options are being used.

Return to posts index

Peter RalphRe: dvd Printer???
by on Jun 7, 2005 at 9:38:57 pm

check they have a bunch more suitable for high throughput - but afaik nothing comes close to epson for price

Return to posts index

Doug GrahamRe: dvd Printer???
by on Jun 8, 2005 at 2:02:39 pm

The Epson "R" series are about your only choice for a reasonable price.

They do a great job, too. The only drawback is that they can only print on one disc at a time; there is no autoloading feature.

For large production runs, your next stop is a robotic duplicator, like the Primera Bravo II...or a DVD duplication tower and an autoloading printer that costs almost as much as the Bravo.

Other options:
- Thermal printer. These are limited in their colors.
- HP printable DVDs. HP makes a DVD drive that can burn a two-toned image onto the surface of a compatible disc.

Doug Graham

Return to posts index

KenRe: dvd Printer???
by on Jun 13, 2005 at 5:33:48 am

I have an Epson R300. I love it. Have probably printed well over 500 CD's/DVD's on it in the 2 years I have had it. It can be a bit frustrating printing large batches (largest single batch so far was 100), but once you get into a rhythm, it isn't too bad. Reasonably economical on the ink also.

Return to posts index

mctillerRe: dvd Printer???
by on Jun 15, 2005 at 2:48:48 am

I'll second Ken on that.

Except I use the R200. It is true that a large run of DVD's could be trouble some. My largest run has been 20.

But as I think about it, each printer only costs $100 or so. Buy five of them, and print five at a time, see the off the top of my head logic here. Anyway, it's about the best $100 I've spent out of all my equipment.

But on top of that it makes incredible photographs, so I've also started using it to print my DVD cases.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved