FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any Bravo II Owners (Mac)?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff CarpenterAny Bravo II Owners (Mac)?
by on May 24, 2005 at 4:23:41 pm

Since upgrading to Tiger the Discribe program that controls my Bravo II dupilcator won't make DVDs. The program works fine, but when I drag (or "add") any files or folders to a DVD nothing happens. Nothing shows up no matter what I do. It works just fine with CDs (which I can then burn and print just fine) but I have no luck with DVDs.

I re-formatted my system last night and started with Panther as a test. It worked fine there, then after upgrading to Tiger the same problem re-appeared.

Everything else about the program seems to work fine and there are no problems with the burner, printer, or robot arm. I just can't add anything to a DVD image in Discribe. I sent an e-mail to Primera this morning but I just wanted to ask if anyone here knows anything about this. This is also a warning, I guess. If you have Bravo II, maybe you should hold off on Tiger for now. I'll report back if I hear anything from Primera.

Return to posts index

Douglas VillalbaRe: Any Bravo II Owners (Mac)?
by on May 24, 2005 at 5:14:30 pm

I am sorry that I can't help you with anything, but thanks for the advise. I was going to upgrade Saturday to FCP5 and Tiger, but they didn't have the FCP5 upgrade in stock so I didnt upgrade.

Douglas Villalba
http://www.dvtvproductions.com
dvillalba@dvtvproductions.com

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: THE ANSWER
by on May 25, 2005 at 4:59:02 pm

I just heard back from Primera. All I need is a software update. I figured that was the case, but there are no free updates available on the web. The update will be coming from http://www.charismac.com, but since they charge for the program they don't let you download anything for free.

Because I asked Primera, however, they sent the request on to Charismac letting them know that I needed it for a Bravo II. (I had found the Charismac page before while searching but I had been unable to solve my problem on my own.)

I suggest contacting Primera tech support if you own a Bravo II. Let them know you need the software that works with Tiger.

I have yet to go home and see if this works yet, but I think I can post this story now, I'm expecting everything to go well tonight.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]