FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any Bravo II Owners (Mac)?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff CarpenterAny Bravo II Owners (Mac)?
by on May 24, 2005 at 4:23:41 pm

Since upgrading to Tiger the Discribe program that controls my Bravo II dupilcator won't make DVDs. The program works fine, but when I drag (or "add") any files or folders to a DVD nothing happens. Nothing shows up no matter what I do. It works just fine with CDs (which I can then burn and print just fine) but I have no luck with DVDs.

I re-formatted my system last night and started with Panther as a test. It worked fine there, then after upgrading to Tiger the same problem re-appeared.

Everything else about the program seems to work fine and there are no problems with the burner, printer, or robot arm. I just can't add anything to a DVD image in Discribe. I sent an e-mail to Primera this morning but I just wanted to ask if anyone here knows anything about this. This is also a warning, I guess. If you have Bravo II, maybe you should hold off on Tiger for now. I'll report back if I hear anything from Primera.

Return to posts index

Douglas VillalbaRe: Any Bravo II Owners (Mac)?
by on May 24, 2005 at 5:14:30 pm

I am sorry that I can't help you with anything, but thanks for the advise. I was going to upgrade Saturday to FCP5 and Tiger, but they didn't have the FCP5 upgrade in stock so I didnt upgrade.

Douglas Villalba

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: THE ANSWER
by on May 25, 2005 at 4:59:02 pm

I just heard back from Primera. All I need is a software update. I figured that was the case, but there are no free updates available on the web. The update will be coming from, but since they charge for the program they don't let you download anything for free.

Because I asked Primera, however, they sent the request on to Charismac letting them know that I needed it for a Bravo II. (I had found the Charismac page before while searching but I had been unable to solve my problem on my own.)

I suggest contacting Primera tech support if you own a Bravo II. Let them know you need the software that works with Tiger.

I have yet to go home and see if this works yet, but I think I can post this story now, I'm expecting everything to go well tonight.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved