CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Is there an intro forum?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Reed
Is there an intro forum?
on Jun 8, 2020 at 4:28:15 am

Just wondering because I couldn't find one.
On other forums it's often expected new members post an introduction.
I don't want to start off doing the wrong thing ☺

"Commitment is the enemy of resistance, for it is the serious promise to press on, to get up, no matter how many times you are knocked down." - David McNally

"There are no rules in filmmaking. Only sins. And the cardinal sin is dullness." – Frank Capra

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: Is there an intro forum?
on Jun 9, 2020 at 12:55:13 am

You raise a great question, Michael!

Your first impression is correct, we don't, but you know what? I love this idea! I think we can fire one up!

Tell me more about what you'd like to see in such a forum. What kinds of conversations? We're trying to create some more general-purpose forums, somewhat separated from the main forums we have that are more focused on specific tools.

Any ideas you have, let's hear 'em!

Thanks so much for joining Creative COW, and helping us make it better!

Regards,

Tim Wilson
Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Michael Reed
on Jun 11, 2020 at 2:09:29 am

In my own forum I have:

To all new members

You've found the right place to introduce yourselves, simply start a new thread in this board.

Handy things to do:
Pop your location in your profile
Place a pin on the member map

Compulsory things to do:
Get in and enjoy the place !

Existing members are also welcome to introduce themselves, of course. ☺

In other forums of which I'm a member people are encouraged to share a bit about what they do in the (forum topic) field - in this case that would be the creative space.

They are also encouraged to share a bit about what else they are interested in.

So an example-

G'day,
I'm Michael and live in Brisbane, Australia

I'm just getting into doing some videos for YouTube so in fact rather an amateur but very much looking forward to drawing on the knowledge and skills of others here.

I have a Panasonic FZ200, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, and some experience with Photoshop Elements 11 and Lightroom 5.

I've done a little photo editing on still photos.

I also have Premiere Elements but no experience with it yet. (I'm rather hoping I can use DaVinci Resolve instead)

Other interests keeping me poor include:
- Motorcycling (I ride a Suzuki GSX1400)
- Shooting (love busting clays with my SxS shotguns)
- History (especially military history and especially naval)
- Computers (on those occasions they aren't being troublesome.

Cheers :)

"Commitment is the enemy of resistance, for it is the serious promise to press on, to get up, no matter how many times you are knocked down." - David McNally

"There are no rules in filmmaking. Only sins. And the cardinal sin is dullness." – Frank Capra

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 12, 2020 at 2:05:04 am

[Michael Reed] "In my own forum I have"

You have a forum?!?? What is it? Let's have a look, man! LOL

These are all great ideas. I'll definitely start rolling up some of these ideas into a revised version of this forum. We're definitely be going to have maps as part of member profiles in the next few months.

Some of the introductory stuff you mention above is included in people's member profiles. Here's yours, for example. https://my.creativecow.net/Michael-Reed2/about

And here's my mine. https://my.creativecow.net/Tim-Wilson/about It's sorely out of date. I noticed that parts of my TV watching profile talked about how excited I was by my new HD TV. LOL I updated it a little, but I definitely need to do more.

In general, you can get to people's profiles by clicking on their name above their posts. You'll see all kinds of interesting stuff.

This is great stuff, though! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Reed
on Jun 12, 2020 at 3:08:15 am

You have a forum?!?? What is it? Let's have a look, man! LOL

No crossover with this one mate - my motorcycle forum

https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?action=forum

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]