CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

COW Panes not Displaying full width?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Bernard
COW Panes not Displaying full width?
on Sep 19, 2019 at 2:41:59 am

Hi Team COW. Columnar Panes not as were. Middle Column is not displaying correctly as previously. And I still can’t upload an IMAGE.

Please advise.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
Re: COW Panes not Displaying full width?
on Sep 19, 2019 at 3:03:45 pm

Hi Graham,

The engineers are hacking into the old engine to move some stuff over to the new forums system that is nearing completion. The old system is a temperamental beast at this point and does not take kindly to any kind of interaction with its core.

Hopefully, they will have the issues resolved shortly.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 19, 2019 at 3:50:32 pm

[Ronald Lindeboom] "Hopefully, they will have the issues resolved shortly."
Excellent! And not being able to Post Support Graphics is part of this CowShed clean out?

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Sep 19, 2019 at 7:34:32 pm

[Graham Bernard] "Excellent! And not being able to Post Support Graphics is part of this CowShed clean out?"

Hi Graham,

You are correct, sir! There's a long technical explanation around Javascript that I'll spare you, and say that the old system (coming up on 25 years old!) is doing shockingly well considering that it predated the standardization of the JPG format. LOL

We really are imminently set to launch another wave of upgrades across the COW, when problems like this will all be swept up at once.

Thanks for your patience!

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 20, 2019 at 3:15:45 am

[Tim Wilson] "Thanks for your patience!"
No worries Tim.

Will you bringing back the option for posting Videos? I’ve created many Support Videos for VegasPro for the COW, and truly miss the option to use Videos here on the COW.

G

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Sep 30, 2019 at 8:40:52 pm

Whoops, sorry I missed this one earlier!

[Graham Bernard] "Will you bringing back the option for posting Videos? "

Yes, absolutely! You're right, uploads are a critical part of a support site, both for asking questions and answering them.

The workaround for videos now is to post them on YouTube, and embed them here. You can make them private there so that you're not showing up in YT searches, but still use them in the forums. Lots of folks are doing that successfully.

There's not currently a great workaround for images, alas. Most external hosting sites have shut down, but Google Drive still works if you're willing to futz with the custom URLs.

Not that we think that any such workarounds are good enough, mind you. We're working on a very slick new system that will definitely includes the uploads you need!

Best,
Tim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]