CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Filtered words - suggestion

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roei TzorefFiltered words - suggestion
by on Sep 21, 2016 at 7:40:45 pm
Last Edited By Roei Tzoref on Sep 21, 2016 at 7:42:08 pm

hi. is it just me posting here? well... I just wrote a post and was moderated for the use of the word : "Envato"

a couple of questions/ suggestions:

1. why is "envato" moderated? many users give examples from envato presets and templates to ask how it was done. seem a problem we cant write the word in a post.
2. if I am writing a word that is problematic, it would be nice to get a heads up before I post the thread, because I could have definitely decide to remove it and get my post in there. for example the yellow warning "in moderation" (quite alarming I might say, but I am a sensitive guy) could have had an option correct my post or something, or maybe it had...

let's see... envato
(update: it was not moderated this time. maybe this forum is not moderated like After Effects forum)

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Filtered words - suggestion
by on Sep 21, 2016 at 10:59:58 pm
Last Edited By Tim Wilson on Sep 21, 2016 at 11:04:28 pm

Easy: spam.

Very nearly 100% of the words in our hand-filtering system is there because the company or its agents have spammed us repeatedly enough that we have no choice but to examine every mention of their names, one at a time, to be certain that it's not part of their proven history of fraud and disruption.

This particular company was one of the worst, sometimes making hundreds of posts in a matter of minutes. We will continue blocking any posts that we determine are originating with them.

We of course welcome our members talking about a tool they find useful, so that's what we do when we see them mentioned. We make sure that it's not spam, and that it's coming from a real person.

We apologize for any delays, but these guys will stay in the spam filter until the sun goes nova.

:-)

However, you make a very interesting suggestion, offering people a chance to edit their post before making it public. We'll think about it. My initial reaction is that it will cause more trouble than it's worth. YOUR mention of the company is 100% legitimate, so there was no reason for you not to make the mention. We're absolutely fine with our members talking about these folks, so there was no need for you to avoid saying their name.

That is, our intent is NOT to have nobody mention that name. Our intent is only to make sure our actual members are doing the talking, and not another fraud account that they started solely to make spam posts.

That's why I'm thinking that it's easier to just let people make the post, let us acknowledge that it's not spam, and move on as quickly as possible.

Best,

Tim Wilson
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: Filtered words - suggestion
by on Sep 21, 2016 at 11:07:07 pm

Thank Tim :) I fully understand. sharing my thoughts on "warning - spam word, please remove it or enter moderation" I'm sure that like my case, sometimes a user does not really know he has entered a spam word. I know for instance that if you use a curse word in another forum, you get a notice or even you are not able to post the thread as is... this could save time for moderators as well as users.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]