CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

What happened to the FFmpeg forum?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel MatsuokaWhat happened to the FFmpeg forum?
by on Jun 10, 2016 at 2:35:30 am

I was following a link in my personal Evernote "knowledgebase" to a post on the FFmpeg forum, but was surprised to see that the forum--as well as all of the previous post archive--is completely gone!

I can understand removing low-traffic forums from the main forum index, but there was a lot of very useful information posted in that forum that is now tragically no longer accessible.

Can I make a humble request that instead of completely nuking forums as if they never existed, that retired forums be turned into read-only archives that are still accessible via searching? It's a huge bummer that all of that great info is now gone :(

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: What happened to the FFmpeg forum?
by on Jun 10, 2016 at 1:19:39 pm

After Effects Basics removed too, bummer?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: What happened to the FFmpeg forum?
by on Jun 10, 2016 at 6:33:02 pm

A reply to both of you at once:

Mel, ffmpeg is back on. We're in the process of identifying forums for products that aren't actively being discussed, where -- as you note -- it's still worth preserving them for posterity. This had inadvertently been sucked into that list. Sorry about that! There may be some dust as we're renovating. :-)

John, the basics forums were created when there "the old guard" was angry about seeing beginners in "their" forum. Our belief is that most of the old guard has moved on to angrier pastures. LOL So as an experiment, we're merging all the basics into the primary forums and we'll see how it goes.

As always, we're paying attention to feedback, so thanks for providing yours here!

Best,

Tim Wilson
Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]