CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Reply created a new duplicate thread

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kalle KannistoReply created a new duplicate thread
by on Jan 29, 2016 at 4:06:52 pm

Hi,

I replied to a post in the Pluraleyes forum. This created a new duplicate thread in addition to adding my answer to the existing one.

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/338/249

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Reply created a new duplicate thread
by on Jan 29, 2016 at 4:15:54 pm

Even worse, now it's creating a duplicate thread of anything I post, even this thread here -- in the PluralEyes section.

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Reply created a new duplicate thread
by on Jan 29, 2016 at 4:52:58 pm

I can understand how this could be confusing. The PluralEyes forum is a dynamic forum, so it pulls threads which are discussing PluralEyes, even if they are in this forum or another forum. No need to worry, the system is operating as we intended. There are other forums like this around the site. You can see the keywords at the top of the forum with the checkboxes; you can even add your own keywords and customize the forum to your liking. Hope this helps!

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Jan 30, 2016 at 6:33:02 am

I see, ok. Thanks Abraham.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 30, 2016 at 8:54:47 am
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Jan 30, 2016 at 9:04:03 am

I am actually getting a separate "thread" showing up for every single reply on the same thread. This issue is temporarily fixed by switching to a different view type and then back to "topical", but the moment I go to another forum and back to PluralEyes, it reverts to this:

1 reply looks like two threads, 2 replies like three threads. Is that really how it is supposed to look?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 30, 2016 at 5:13:23 pm

Very interesting. This is not the intended look of the forums. Thank you for the screenshot, definitely lets me see what you were talking about. As I can't reproduce the problem, it's hard to tell exactly why you are seeing this. However, I did make an adjustment which may have fixed it on your end. Can you take another look to see if you are still having the same results?

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Jan 30, 2016 at 6:27:43 pm

Thanks Abraham. Looks like whatever you did fixed it: no duplicates show up now.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 30, 2016 at 6:39:49 pm

Awesome, thank you for your feedback and help with this!

Abraham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]