CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Cow YouTube Site

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael KammesCow YouTube Site
by on Dec 13, 2015 at 11:08:10 pm

Hey gang:

I noticed the Cow YouTube channel has been quiet for awhile. Plans to change that?

.: michael kammes mpse
.: director of technology
.: michaelkammes.com
.: 5 THINGS on technology series
.: twitter: @michaelkammes
.: facebook: /mkammes

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Cow YouTube Site
by on Dec 14, 2015 at 7:36:14 pm

Hi Michael,

Apologies for the delay replying!

At the moment, no, I don't foresee much action there. Here's the story, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

The COW long predates YouTube of course. We predate Google. We actually went online a couple of months after Yahoo did, in 1995! Video on the web was impossible, and for our first years, our video tutorials required downloading the movies.

In the early days of YouTube, we were still a much better platform for this industry's tutorial creators to be actually be seen, but in the past 5-ish or so years, this has obviously not been the case. YouTube matured as a platform, and with self-promotion becoming increasingly easy, people have been able to present their tutorials to wide audiences without our help.

Not that we can't and don't still provide more focused audiences, but the days are gone in which we could provide bigger audiences than YouTube.

We find ourselves now in the position of tutorial authors asking us to repost videos, but only when those videos remain on the author's own channel, so that the authors can build their own followings. We completely support this, and regularly post such videos on CreativeCOW.net.

But we haven't had the organizational bandwidth to maintain a (you'll pardon the pun) stable of authors who are excited about distributing their work under any banner but their own.

Again, we support this, but it leaves us with YouTube and podcast channels that are nowhere near as up to date as we'd like. We're having ongoing internal conversations about this, but any solutions I've considered are beyond the reach of our very small team.

I'm certainly open to suggestions! And heaven knows that if you'd like to make any tutorial videos, I'd be happy to post them. :-)

Regards,

Tim Wilson
Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Michael KammesRe: Cow YouTube Site
by on Dec 14, 2015 at 9:45:08 pm

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it.

What email can I use for you?

~Michael

.: michael kammes mpse
.: director of technology
.: michaelkammes.com
.: 5 THINGS on technology series
.: twitter: @michaelkammes
.: facebook: /mkammes

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Cow YouTube Site
by on Dec 14, 2015 at 10:05:38 pm

tim at creativecow dot net will be dandy. :-) Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]