CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Some forums are dying

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob ColeSome forums are dying
by on Nov 1, 2015 at 2:42:42 am

I've noticed that posting to certain underutilized forums is not successful. I've started to look at the dates of posts in order to decide where to write my questions.

Perhaps some forums should be consolidated by function rather than manufacturer. I know that might be impossible, if you have relationships with vendors/advertisers. But it would be better for your forum communities.

Specifically, I've been looking for info on external video recorders, and have resorted to one manufacturer's forum to get advice on all manufacturers' products.

Thanks.

Bob C.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Some forums are dying
by on Nov 1, 2015 at 4:15:42 am

We prefer the term "evolving" but yes, it has happened a few times along the way.

It's tricky, because forums start as places to solve problems, but over time, problems become less frequent, making critical mass more difficult.

The kind of consolidation you mention has worked for us before, for sure. We're doing it for most of our storage forums right now, for example, for this very reason. Tell me more about some of the other ones you think might benefit from this approach.

Don't forget. The word is "evolving." LOL

Thanks,

Tim Wilson
Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

David GoodwinRe: Some forums are dying
by on Jan 3, 2016 at 1:07:09 am

Some forums automatically 'lock' posts after a time and only keep the page active for reference and the BBC shows old pages as archived for the same reason.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]