CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

T view on Cow forums

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob ZelinT view on Cow forums
by on Apr 4, 2015 at 5:31:08 pm

Once again, I must ask an ignorant question. The view of the cow threads has changed for me. Instead of being a sequential listing of every response to a thread, it now displays the original thread name with a T, and to see the entire thread, you click on the T. How do you get it back to the "normal" display ?

Thanks -
Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: T view on Cow forums
by on Apr 4, 2015 at 8:36:35 pm

There's a pop-up menu at the top of the forum view, right underneath the name of the forum. The "Classic" view is the option at the top of the list, called View Posts by Thread. Flip through the other options, too. You may find another you like.

The change was made for a couple of reasons. The one that was top of mind for me is that, for searches in our industry, Google typically ranks us very high. We were finding more and more posts every day that were being asked on old threads -- the "I've seen this too, has anyone found a solution" kind of reply.

In the Classic view, that 2-year old post would stay buried forever.

Using the new view, any thread with a new post immediately rises to the top. This keeps conversations on top based on how ACTIVE the conversations are, rather than by when they were made at a specific point in time.

There are good reasons for choosing any of the choices we've offered under that pop-up menu, which is why we're currently the only forum I'm aware of that offers this many options.

But the reason why we implemented the new view as the default is that this has become the web standard. We obviously have a heritage core of the COW that doesn't spend a lot of time in other forums, but especially thanks to our pals at Google sending so much new traffic our way, it became increasingly important for us to give people something that was more in keeping with what they were used to elsewhere.

Make sense?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]