CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

What happened?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy GarchowWhat happened?
by on Nov 26, 2014 at 12:46:59 pm

The latest version of iOS has stopped showing embedded YouTube movies on the COW, and it only seems to be the COW.

Also, editing text on an iOS device is more difficult than ever. It is really hard to try and select text on the cow. The selection won't drill down into the individual words, it will only select the whole text block when trying to select text to quote.

I know, I know, Apple doesn't care about the web surfing professionals, but what about us web surfing amateurs? :)

Here's an example of where an embedded movie looks like a big blank space on iOS.

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/335/75473

And it looks like this:

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: What happened?
by on Nov 26, 2014 at 4:44:36 pm

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for the feedback about this. The YouTube issue should be resolved, as it was the type of YouTube embed being used, but should work properly now in iOS. As far as the selection in iOS goes, I'm not seeing this being something the COW can fix, as it seems to be working the same on the COW as it does on other sites. On the page you linked to, it does seem the selections with iOS are acting funny. It's possible there is something the YouTube video is doing with the iOS selection mechanism, but the COW isn't causing this issue. Please let us know if you see anything else which needs a closer look.

Thanks again!

Abraham

Return to posts index

Jeremy GarchowRe: What happened?
by on Nov 26, 2014 at 5:46:27 pm

You're awesome.

I figured the selection was an Apple thing. It's been pretty bad for a while.

Cheers!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]