CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Anyone else use Videoblocks?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim StonesiferAnyone else use Videoblocks?
by on Sep 25, 2014 at 3:42:32 pm

I've been a faithful fan of Videoblocks.com. They offer a nice selection of stock footage, motion backgrounds, AE templates, music, and SFX for a very low price. However, recently I've come to realize that they're taking away footage that was previously provided (and paid for!). Namely, the vast majority of their music has been moved to Audioblocks.com, requiring customers who have already paid for these clips to have to pay for another subscription at the new site. However, at closer glance, various other video clips have gone missing as well.

Has anyone else run into this? I can't imagine I'm the only one who has this problem with them. This does seem to be a breach of contract, right?

I've spoken with their customer service, and even their president, all of whom seem to be in denial that this is a problem.

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Anyone else use Videoblocks?
by on Oct 13, 2014 at 8:30:26 pm

I'm sure most of there stock footage comes from third party shooters who can do what they want with their footage. This is normal for stock sites. If you contribute stock footage for a site such as Pond5 when you upload your footage for sale you can read the user agreement which basically says you still own the footage you are selling and you can leave Pond5 at anytime you want. You just need to give them a certain amount of time before your agreement is up ( which I recall was 60 days or something). Getting upset about footage coming and going is like getting upset at Netflix because they only carried a certain movie for 6 months and now it is gone. Me personally, I think Videoblocks footage is awful and I stay away from that site. Not that you care but you get my 2 cents anyways. Best of luck and don't be afraid to check out what other stock sites have to offer.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]