CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Maybe having "real" forum leaders was better???

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roth WeissMaybe having "real" forum leaders was better???
by on Jul 2, 2014 at 3:27:45 am

When the decision was made a few years back to abandon forum leaders in favor of a model that automates the process using the most active participants, was there ever an attempt made to determine what impact that had on Cow traffic overall, and/or specifically traffic on the most popular forums?

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Maybe having "real" forum leaders was better???
by on Jul 2, 2014 at 3:58:34 am

Hello David,

Yes, there was testing done in this regard. Having the system dynamically determine who has done the most leadership lately allows more forums and people to flow in and out of the leadership roles. There are some forums where a static hosting team has been kept, and others where a hybrid system is in place. From forum to forum the COW admin team has the ability to set which forum utilizes which hosting system. If a particular forum is better served one way over another, we are happy to adapt to what works best. A balance between human and machine logic is generally advantageous, in my opinion.

Abraham

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Maybe having "real" forum leaders was better???
by on Jul 2, 2014 at 4:08:37 am

Hi Abraham,

Well, I should have known that minds much sharper than my own had long ago devised an intelligent system far better than I could ever imagine.

I guess I simply long for the old days when there was more consistency.

THNX,
DRW

Return to posts index

Bob ZelinRe: Maybe having "real" forum leaders was better???
by on Aug 19, 2014 at 10:31:17 pm

I take offense to David's post (I am always dying to say this David !!!) -

how come no one from ProMax has participated on the "archiving and backup" forum, so that you, or Nate, or someone from your team is not showing up as a LEADER on the Archiving and Backup forum ? Now that you are in the business big time ..................................

love
Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Maybe having "real" forum leaders was better???
by on Aug 20, 2014 at 10:46:51 pm

Gee, I was not aware of that forum Bob... I'll have to head over there, especially now that we at ProMAX are the proud owners of Cache-A - truly badass networked LTO appliances.

Thanks for the heads-up Bob.

David

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com

Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]