CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Stock Yard, "On The Hoof"

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark SuszkoStock Yard, "On The Hoof"
by on Mar 20, 2014 at 3:45:25 pm

In a discussion in the Biz forum about stock footage, I mentioned a service that lets editors list stock shots they need and a price they are willing to pay, and shooters bid to go out and shoot the specific item.

I can't recall the name of this service, but it got me thinking that within the COW membership, using a system like this could be very powerful and productive in finding "last minute" footage supplied by COE members, TO Cow members.

I don't know that you would need to code an entire e-commerce site around it, but if there was a specific "wanted to buy" or "Assignments" section of the "Stock Yard", members who waned to could reach out and provide local location shots to distant members. Say, you're in Hawaii and you need some non-copyrighted or exclusive footage of Lincoln's Tomb in Springfield, IL. You could list the shots and format you need, the deadline, and maybe a price, plus a means of contact. I might see that listing and take an hour from lunch to go get it and FTP it to the bruddah in Hilo. I might do it for free, just to be a pal, or I might set a price on it, or agree to a trade-out of some of HIS footage of, say, Some nice breaks at Waikiki.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Tim WilsonRe: Stock Yard, "On The Hoof"
by on Mar 27, 2014 at 9:23:42 pm

Hi Mark,

We kind of have this in the Jobs forum. Both postings and requests are geo-specified, and we've seen a number of quick-turnaround jobs completed this way. And as much as I'd rather see more of it in the COW proper, we're seeing a BUNCH of it happen on Twitter, where people are already tuned in to instant response.

I've been meaning to reply on that Biz forum thread, because I think it's a great point -- especially for people pix, they LOOK stock, in some cases so much so that the shots are useless.

Anyway, thanks for thinking broadly. :-)

Tim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]