CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Looking for the correct forum to post this

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yaniv EidelsteinLooking for the correct forum to post this
by on Mar 4, 2014 at 8:08:58 am

Hi folks,
I wrote a post but couldn't find the appropriate COW forum. Can you help?
Here's the text:

I'm looking into the concept of building a machine specifically for screening subtitles in a movie theater.
The theater in question has a DCP unit that gives out timecode in LTC format. Basically, I'd like to take a small computer (preferably Mac) with a BNC input, hooked up to a small projector, and be able to screen timed subtitles in sync with the incoming LTC timecode.
So basically I need to focus on:
1. Hardware - I know AJA and others make cards with BNC inputs, so I guess it shouldn't be too hard to find one and a Mac to go with it. (Any specific recommendations?)
2. Software - this one's a bigger mystery for me, and what I need more help with. I've been working with subtitles for many years, but never worked with a BNC input or with a live external timecode. Anyone familiar with existing software that can basically marry incoming LTC with an existing SRT, or other subtitle file? I'm sorta hoping that a component of VLC (open source) could suffice. I'd also need the ability to control font size, location onscreen etc.
3. Final question - If I'm to build this thing, I'll have about six weeks to do it... Do you guys think it's doable?
Thanks very much, everyone. Any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]