CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

New member - how long before first post is published?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert SteinmanNew member - how long before first post is published?
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 9:33:42 pm

Hi everyone. I signed up here a few days ago and am still a bit unclear on how new members are handled. I've read the moderation info, which seems to state that the way to shed the moderation status is to post & contribute.

However, I did try to post a question in the Adobe Premiere Pro forum. I feel it was a fairly specific & possibly useful (pending answers) question, not something that gets asked on a daily basis. Yet far as I can tell it has not been approved days later. Nothing has appeared.

I'm trying to figure out whether this is due to the aforementioned moderation and it's in a queue somewhere, or whether there was some kind of glitch and the message is lost in the void. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: New member - how long before first post is published?
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 10:17:50 pm

Hello Robert,

Your particular post must be lost in the void, unless you posted it with a different account. I'm not seeing another post besides this one associated with your account. Posts are usually approved in under an hour. Go ahead and post your questions again, and it should be approved soon. To see your activity you can go to http://my.creativecow.net/

Abraham

Return to posts index

Robert SteinmanRe: New member - how long before first post is published?
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 2:40:16 am

Thanks Abraham, that looks to have been the problem! I reposted and it went up pretty quick.

With the indefinite moderation thing, it can be a little confusing for new members. I didn't want to repost without checking first and then have my original message approved resulting in a duplicate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]