CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

CGI Research Methodology Unit - Hayden Martin - Film Production & Cinematography at Bournemouth University

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hayden MartinCGI Research Methodology Unit - Hayden Martin - Film Production & Cinematography at Bournemouth University
by on Feb 5, 2014 at 4:48:09 pm

Hi there

I'm Hayden Martin, and I'm a 2nd year student studying Film Production & Cinematography at Bournemouth University.

I was just hoping you would be able to help me answer some of these questions regarding the current research unit I'm writing?

The unit is called Research Methodology, and it basically requires us to look into areas of the film industry and provide a detailed analysis of them with accurate citing and references to prove that the research is both true, current and educational, thus benefiting us with the knowledge we acquire...

Here is my summarising question:

Once the providence of big budget blockbusters, high quality CGI is now commonplace in both movies and TV drama.

With advancing technologies and an increased number of people skilled in their use, is the status and pay of the CGI artist being eroded?

Could you please provide some personal examples of your, or others experiences with this (with links if possible)

Thanks for reading

Your response will be greatly appreciated

Hayden Martin

Return to posts index

Philip HoweRe: CGI Research Methodology Unit - Hayden Martin - Film Production & Cinematography at Bournemouth University
by on Apr 11, 2014 at 10:18:35 am

I have had less experience of the industry in the past 6 or 7 years but can assure that before that, if you were good (and this includes FAST) then you could command your own fee. The big or elaborate projects would try to screw down the money but not so low that it compared to the drop in pay that editors have suffered. Good luck - Bournemouth in South England?

philip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]