CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Annoyed

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris EvansAnnoyed
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 3:54:48 pm

So, I know that all new accounts are moderated and that I am doing this. My account was deleted and I don't know why.

I joined these forums to help people and answer questions about After Effects, which I was doing for a moth or so. When I had a question to ask, I got a notification about a word I used and that you guys were going to check out the post. The word was 'basketball'. I was really confused (and still am) but nothing came about from it and my post was posted and people even replied. Then, a few days later, my account was deactivated without any prior warning. I have sent 2 emails to the email it says to contact if we have questions about the deactivation. After over a week of waiting, I have got nothing in reply. Hopefully this gets a response.

My name on the forums was Chris Evans and my email is chrisevans.bob@gmail.com. I would really like my account back so I can answer questions again. If I did anything wrong, just let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Annoyed
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 5:48:04 pm

Hello Chris,

It appears you posted too quickly, and the system deactivated your account automatically. This post
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/1046740
has a duplicate which was posted 3 seconds later. We have had to put many filters in place to protect against bots which spam sites such as ours.

Your account has been reactivated, sorry for the inconvenience.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Annoyed
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 9:41:09 pm

Thank you, Abraham.

I appreciate your response here, my only remaining issue is that the email link on the "Your account has been deactivated" page does not get the same attention as this, which I had to create a new account to post. Not trying to complain, just pointing out something I think needs attention.

If I may, can I ask why 'basketball' trips a word alert?

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Annoyed
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 9:59:44 pm

[Chris Evans] "If I may, can I ask why 'basketball' trips a word alert?"

I'm happy to reply to that one. We get a TON of spam posts with links to watching those games on pirate sites. Right now it's NBA games, but it will switch to March Madness, then back to NBA playoffs.

These pirate spammers are relentless. We simply couldn't chase them down manually, so we had to automate the process. We're trying to review those posts as quickly as we can to get the relatively small handful of real-person posts approved.

You can probably guess which are the two other sports we get spammed for, as well as which event generates the most spam. Hint: we're a site whose members are all over the WORLD. "World." Get it? LOL

Thanks for drawing the slow responses to the email alert. We'll work on that. But that's the annoying but true story behind filtering a word that looks so innocent.

Regards,

Tim Wilson
Creative COW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]