CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Two items: Viewing videos & account reactivation

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trey YancyTwo items: Viewing videos & account reactivation
by on Jan 25, 2014 at 10:11:30 am

Whenever I try to view a video on the site all I get is a still. While I do enjoy viewing stills in three different choices of size, I feel that something may be missing.

Also, apparently an account is deactivated if it hasn't been used for a while. The warnings, etc., all say that deactivations are because of being naughty, not for being AWOL. I'll try to improve.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Two items: Viewing videos & account reactivation
by on Jan 25, 2014 at 4:56:53 pm

Hello Trey,

What video are you having trouble with, can you post the URL?
What browser and OS are you using? do you have the Flash Player installed? If so, what version?
Due to the videos working for myself on multiple platforms, and the majority of other people, it is hard to know what the issue may be in your particular case without more details.

COW accounts are not deactivated for being AWOL. Your account was deactivated due to email bouncing. When this happens there is a deactivation link on the deactivation notice. Your account is activated now.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Trey YancyRe: Two items: Viewing videos & account reactivation
by on Jan 25, 2014 at 5:16:43 pm

Hi Abraham,

All videos, all pages
Safari 6.0.5 (7536.30.1)
Flash Player 11.9.900.170
No similar issues with any other sites.

Works okay with Firefox

Not sure why you'd get a bounce. All email accounts have worked properly for years. I've been kicked off three times in as many years. Must be my cootie infestation.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 25, 2014 at 6:12:02 pm

Thank you for your OS and browser specs.

The Mac OS 10.6.8 I'm on right now won't upgrade to that version of Safari, but the videos play on my 5.1.10 version.

I have access at another location to the latest Mac OS and Safari, so I'll test to see if it works for me there.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Trey YancyRe: Two items: Viewing videos & account reactivation
by on Jan 25, 2014 at 6:23:20 pm

Thanks for putting in the effort.

Just upgraded to Flash 12.0.0.38. Same issue with Safari.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 26, 2014 at 4:04:57 am

Hello Trey,

I've tested the videos on Safari for Mac OS X from two different locations and two different computers with two different versions of Safari and Mac. Unfortunately, I don't have your exact versions, so I'm not sure what the problem may be in your case. I have tried with:

Mac 10.6.8 and Safari 5.1.10
and
Mac 10.8.5 and Safari 6.1.1

Perhaps, try upgrading your Safari version, or you Mac? I'm at a loss as to what the culprit is in your particular case. I wish I could offer more of a solution than try using Firefox, or upgrading. Are you behind a firewall of some sort, or do you have some custom DNS you are using?

Abraham

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Two items: Viewing videos & account reactivation
by on Jan 26, 2014 at 10:30:40 am

I'm also going to suggest Chrome over Firefox. Always. LOL

Here's the thing about the email bounces. It only takes one word in one email to hit your email client's spam filter, and even if alllll the other emails from Creative COW and everywhere else are coming through, one single bounce of an email from us (say, a thread you've subscribed to, or a newsletter), and Google requires that we suspend your account, or risk getting labeled as spammers.

I took a quick look at your account, and it looks like there may have been some bounces from your SBC address? Maybe you stopped using it before you changed the email account you use for the COW?

In any case, as Abraham notes, this is almost certainly the set of issues your suspended registration revolves around. Just an email bounce or two. We've got nearly 250,000 accounts, and this kind of back-end monitoring is handled automatically. There's no sign that you've ever misbehaved. At least not with us. ;-)

Best,

Tim Wilson
Creative COW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]