CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Creative Cows Exclusive Video Blocks Offer - Anyone actually been able to take up this offer?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy ScofieldCreative Cows Exclusive Video Blocks Offer - Anyone actually been able to take up this offer?
by on Nov 25, 2013 at 6:36:11 pm

Hi Cows,

I'd love to get your opinions on something:

Last Friday I was rather pleased to see an exclusive offer sat in my inbox, I'm sure many of you saw the same email.

The message promised an exclusive offer for Creative Cows members, allowing them to "12 months of unlimited downloads" for the bargain price of $99.

I thought this offer was a too good to ignore, but it might be too good to be true. When attempting to sign up for this offer I was able to input some of my credit card details, though there seemed to be no fields for security card or even card type.

Unsurprisingly the card verification failed.

What happened next is that I received an email from Video Blocks thanking me for attempting to sign up and encouraging me to sign up for 7 days of free access, followed by an automatically renewed weekly subscription. It's a rubbish deal, not the one advertised and certainly not the one I was trying to purchase.

I've appealed directly to Video Blocks and not had any reply.

That was the rant, here's the question. Has anyone been able to accept this offer? Or is this an elaborate, underhand way of collecting data and signing users up to an expensive subscription? If so, I'm unimpressed by Video Blocks and slightly irked that Creative Cows could be used as a platform for such a swindle.

I'd love to hear is anyone was able to sign up for the 12month/$99 offer or if anyone else is annoyed as I am.

Cheers,

Andy

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Creative Cows Exclusive Video Blocks Offer - Anyone actually been able to take up this offer?
by on Nov 25, 2013 at 8:10:23 pm

Hi Andy,

Our newsletters typically go out to hundreds of thousands of subscribers, so I'm sure we'd be hearing plenty about any issues.

Not that we're able to provide tech support for a cart on somebody else's site, but we take this sort of thing seriously when it comes to COW members, and our reputation for putting them in contact with the most reputable vendors.

We'll look into it right away, and if you don't mind, will get back in touch with you directly add soon as we have something for you.

Best,
Tim

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Andy ScofieldRe: Creative Cows Exclusive Video Blocks Offer - Anyone actually been able to take up this offer?
by on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:30:43 pm

Tim,

Many thanks for looking into this. Hope it doesn't cause CC too much trouble.

Please let me know if you'd like to see the emails I mentioned in my post.

Regards,

Andy

Return to posts index

Andy ScofieldRe: Creative Cows Exclusive Video Blocks Offer - Anyone actually been able to take up this offer?
by on Nov 26, 2013 at 3:43:34 pm

Tim,

Many thanks for looking into this.

With help from other members, I've managed to get signed up. Not quite sure why but I could only make it behave in Safari.

Hope it hasn't caused you or CC too much trouble.

Cheers,

Andy

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Creative Cows Exclusive Video Blocks Offer - Anyone actually been able to take up this offer?
by on Nov 26, 2013 at 4:44:54 pm

Never any trouble to look into something for our members. :-)

I'll also note for the other folks reading along that Joel Holland at VideoBlocks jumped right on this, and connected Andy with VB's Nikki Jones to get it resolved as quickly as possible. Our experience, and our observation of our members' experiences, is that, yes, these glitches happen from time to time, but VideoBlocks is a company that steps up for its customers.

Glad to help, and glad to see a happy ending!

Best,
Tim

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Jason WooRe: Creative Cows Exclusive Video Blocks Offer - Anyone actually been able to take up this offer?
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 4:33:37 pm

cool offer

Return to posts index

by on Feb 3, 2014 at 4:50:24 pm

Jason,

It's a really good offer. Just be warned, Video Blocks has an auto-renew subscription, which will not be at the same bargain price. Make sure that you cancel your account before the renewal date to save yourself some heartache and a lot of cash.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]