CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

video project management system

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bob edwardsvideo project management system
by on Jul 26, 2013 at 5:11:45 pm

I'm aware of the many clip or media management solutions and this isn't a question about that, also, I wasn't sure which forum to put this in so I'm posting it to the staff forum (happy to delete and repost if there's a better place)...

I'm looking for a project planning system that pertains specifically to managing flow of a traditional video pipeline (I know, I know... pipelines are all a little different, but the basics are usually true everywhere: planning, pre-production, production, post, etc).

I work in a corporate environment that really doesn't understand the layers and steps to creating good video (despite repeated attempts to educate). To make matters worse, I've templated some projects so that they are basically shoot->change thirds->render, so there's occasional confusion about why some projects are quick turn-around and others are longer. I'm (mostly) hoping that a decent ticketing system will help me track work but also give internal clients a sense of confidence in production timelines by being able to track the stages or something similar.

I haven't found much from Google; suggestions on search phrases, or any thoughts are appreciated. I want to avoid products like @Task and other corporate or IT-based ticketing systems (we simple can't hire another staff person just to manage those robust systems or to customize them for our needs).

As always, 'The Cow has the best community so - thanks for your help, Cow-People! :)

cargocollective.com/bobedwards

Return to posts index

bob edwardsRe: video project management system
by on Jul 26, 2013 at 5:14:28 pm

PS
@Task isn't supposed to link... it's a brand name of ticket system
http://www.attask.com/
(apparently they've changed their logo since I researched them)

cargocollective.com/bobedwards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]