CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Sorting by Thread *and* Reply Date?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Van PattenSorting by Thread *and* Reply Date?
by on Jul 13, 2013 at 1:57:19 pm

Hey folks -

I'm a newbie here and I'm wondering if perhaps I'm having a PEBKAC moment. Is there any way to sort the forums by first collapsing the threads down, and then by reply date? Similar to the way most other forums work? That way threads with new responses would be sorted to the top of the list, but stay collapsed until the user clicks into them?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Sorting by Thread *and* Reply Date?
by on Jul 13, 2013 at 6:41:41 pm

Hello Jason,

The forums have two features which are similar to what you are asking, but not exactly. You can use the topic view to collapse the threads down, and this sorts the threads by date according to the parent post date. The other is to view all posts by date which shows the newest posts at the top. At this time there is not the ability to collapse the threads down and then sort by reply date, this may be something we add in future revisions of the site. Thank you for pointing this out.

Best,

Abraham

Return to posts index

Jason Van PattenRe: Sorting by Thread *and* Reply Date?
by on Jul 14, 2013 at 2:32:11 am

[Abraham Chaffin] "The forums have two features which are similar to what you are asking, but not exactly"

Thanks Abraham, you confirmed what I thought. I appreciate the reply.

The sorting and organization seems very Usenet-ish, which is interesting in a 20-year-old sorta way. ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]