CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

maybe I wasnt' paying attention, but ...........

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelinmaybe I wasnt' paying attention, but ...........
by on Jun 11, 2013 at 1:54:11 am

when did FCP-X The Debate become the most popular Cow forum ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: maybe I wasnt' paying attention, but ...........
by on Jun 11, 2013 at 2:56:31 pm

[Bob Zelin] "when did FCP-X The Debate become the most popular Cow forum ? "

By about 9 PM on the Wednesday during NAB 2011. :-) Things quieted down a bit by the end of that May, but when the first version of FCPX was actually released, the place EXPLODED. At its peak, we were watching over 200 posts an HOUR go up in that one forum!

It's obviously nowhere near that now. And the one topic that is the LEAST talked about: FCPX. It is now a very engaging set of discussions about EVERYTHING that's going on in and around this industry. I love it. We had tried to create roundtable-style forums before, and we would never have guessed that THIS is the one that took off.

We haven't changed the name of the forum because, well, why should we? It's working? :-) And it's not like FCPX never comes up at all, but it's much more in the context of, how does this fit into they way the industry is evolving? What does it tell us about our future with Apple? Stuff like that.

That said, every new release brings a whole new round of debates, and a whole herd of people who are motivated to download it and give it a try for the first time -- which brings new people in, who have NOT been part of the discussion for the last couple of years. NOBODY who tries it the first time is happy about it. LOL

Our FCPX Techniques forum is also one of our busiest, because eventually people need to actually start USING the thing. But because that one is only interesting to people who are in fact using FCPX, I don't really pay attention to it. LOL

Which is a long way of saying, yes, Bob, you have really not been paying attention. LOL Stop by that forum more often. I think you'll find a lot there to enjoy.

Best,
Tim

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]