CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Please create/add a GOPRO/Cineform FORUM(s)

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stu aullPlease create/add a GOPRO/Cineform FORUM(s)
by on May 13, 2013 at 8:57:13 pm

Lots of professionals here using these systems too. Have NO idea where to post inquiries about these on current list (forgive if I have missed it!!) of Forums. With all the really oblique Forums you have to chose from (and good for you!) this would seem to be a no brainer??
Perhaps:
GOPRO Camera systems
GOPRO Cineform
as separate listings as they encompass 2 different user areas (field vs post)

thanks
Stu Aull
Scarlet X
Hero3 Black
Alaska

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Please create/add a GOPRO/Cineform FORUM(s)
by on May 13, 2013 at 9:02:41 pm

Hi Stu,

We did for almost two years and got no posts in them. What we've found is that if somebody uses, say, FCP, Premiere, Resolve, whatever -- those questions get asked in those forums. How do I work with this codec, etc.

Otherwise, the cameras work pretty well, so there's not a lot to talk about. :-) We do know that COWs are using them, for exactly the reason you describe. But as long as the questions are more about post and the footage, they'll wind up in the editing/finishing forums.....

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

stu aullRe: Please create/add a GOPRO/Cineform FORUM(s)
by on May 13, 2013 at 10:06:33 pm

Hi Tim - thanks!
so. been there, eh?
OK. understood. I mean, if its not being used...
Don't know if renewed interest/sales of HERO3 Blk cameras might justify a re-think?? pretty amazing improvement over previous "not-quite-ready-for-broadcast" HD2s.

As you say, the camera systems seem pretty low maintenance. But there is seemingly NO support (based on my pleadings on the GoProForums) for the advanced versions (ie us non-skateboarders) of Cineform (aka Cineform Premium). Gopro does not even seem to have a USER manual for this $200 piece of software. This is sort of the vital link between getting the Hero CINE-RAW quality footage conformed to broadcast/FCP etc standard files.

bit of a loss for a resource here....

cheers
Stu Aull
Alaska

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]