CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Disappearing Threads?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard CrowleyDisappearing Threads?
by on Feb 17, 2013 at 3:20:04 pm

I have seen a few cases where a thread completely disappears under different conditions. It seems like very odd behavior to be designed that way, so I think it must be a bug?

For example, the thread titled "Looking for cheap and good lav mics" in the "Audio Professionals" forum disappears when I am logged in using the "View posts by Thread", but it appears if I am logged out. And if I am logged in, the individual postings appear in the "by Date" list, but disappear in the "By Thread" and "By Topic" views.

Could someone fix or explain this behavior? It gives me low confidence that I am seeing all the content here, even my own posts.

Return to posts index

Richard CrowleyResolved, but I can't delete this.
by on Feb 18, 2013 at 4:30:46 pm

I discovered this is because of the option to block "newbie" posts which appears to be defaulted "on".

I personally think this is a bad idea because everyone was a newbie once and had to start somewhere. And I'm sure those of us with lots of experience appreciate the help we received from others.

Yes, there may be some who don't want to be "bothered" with newbie posts, so they can go and check the box explicitly. But I would not have made it the default.

I don't see any option for deleting a post/thread when it is not relevant.

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: Resolved, but I can't delete this.
by on Feb 18, 2013 at 4:55:45 pm

Hello Richard,

You can deactivate your own posts from the post page. There is an edit and delete link on each post that you own when you are logged in.

Thank you for your feedback,

Abraham

Return to posts index

Sam MatternRe: Resolved, but I can't delete this.
by on Mar 20, 2013 at 1:17:33 pm

Thanks for this. I've been noticing the same thing. I get a digest of new posts in the Flash Forum, but when I log in I cannot see some of them. Hopefully that little check box resolved the issue for me.

-Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]