CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Why ALL Job Board postings are moderated

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronald LindeboomWhy ALL Job Board postings are moderated
by on Dec 31, 2012 at 5:24:31 pm

People regularly ask why -- no matter how long someone has been a member or how many previous posts they have made -- we moderate all of our Job Board postings. There are no exceptions.

The reason that we elected to moderate ALL job postings was that the job board postings often elicited public negativity and arguments regarding the level of pay, type of work, etc. This was not unique to the COW and we saw it happening on nearly all the unmoderated job boards around the internet.

Our policy has always been that if you don't like a job, don't take it -- but please don't flog the person making the offer. What is a lousy job to one, is a job to someone else.

Because of this, we opted to make all job board traffic subject to moderation so that we could avoid the "fire-fights" that ensue on job boards that are not moderated.

It is not personal and even the members who have thousands of posts have to go through the moderation of their job board postings.

Now, with ALL jobs postings moderated, people can choose if the job is for them, or not. If it is, great, respond. If it isn't, walk on and leave it to someone else.

I hope that explains why we do what we do.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO Emeritus, Creative COW LLC
Publisher Emeritus, Creative COW Magazine
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America
http://www.creativecow.net

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

"If we listened to our intellect we'd never have a love affair, we'd never have a friendship, we'd never go into business because we'd be cynical: 'It's going to go wrong, I'll get hurt.' That's nonsense. You're going to miss life. You've got to jump off the cliff and then build your wings on the way down." - Ray Bradbury

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]