CREATIVE COW: Feedback Forum About Us Contact Us Support Articles

Time for a Panasonic GH Forum?

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill BrunerTime for a Panasonic GH Forum?
by on Sep 16, 2012 at 1:24:19 pm

Dear Friends,

First - thank you for this forum. It is civil, professional and well-moderated. I am a relatively new member, but do my best to make a positive contribution to the community.

Still learning the ropes, but I noticed that Canon has an EOS DSLR forum, separate from their camcorders, while Panasonic does not.

Wondered if it would be possible to separate out Panasonic's DSLMs from their AG, HPX and VariCam camcorders?

Bruce Logan, ASC just directed and co-dp'd a new video for tomorrow's introduction of the Panasonic GH3 - and it doesn't really seem appropriate to discuss it on either the AG-100, Canon DSLR or unbranded DSLR fora.

I am certainly glad the new Blackmagic Cinema Camera has its own forum, even before it is widely available. I hope that the Panasonic GH series - already widely available and in use in professional productions - can be treated similarly.

This topic may have come up before - and the decision may have been made to leave things as they are. If so, I apologize. But with the introduction of the GH3, I thought it might be time to revisit it.

Thanks again for the COW!

Bill

Return to posts index

Rafael AmadorRe: Time for a Panasonic GH Forum?
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 10:29:32 am

Hi Bill,
There is a "DSLR Video" forum (in Cinematography), where most times all the non-Canon DSLRs questions get posted. But I agree with you that the Lumix deserves a forum.
The "personal-view"web is great to learn about the last firmware developments, but is a real mess when trying to retrieve any information.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]